FAD Mission Statement
The Florida Association of the Deaf, Inc. (FAD) is affiliated with the National Association of the Deaf (NAD) and seeks among other important things:
* To promote and safeguard the educational system for self-preservation.
* To promote awareness of communication difficulties, and methods.
* To promote in the use of communication devices.
* To promote in the use of protective signaling devices (smoke detectors, alarms and others).
* To serve as a watchdog of legislation or practices that may affect Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Late Deafened individuals.
* To support, with reason, all phases of various organizations and associations working with and for the Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Late Deafened individuals.
* To support fully the affiliated clubs and Associations of the Deaf in Florida in their efforts to bring about greater civic and social interaction of the Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Late Deafened community.